Annual Public Meeting (APM) 2017-18
NHS Newark and Sherwood Annual Public Meeting (APM) – 5 September 2018
Newark and Sherwood Clinical Commissioning Group’s (CCG) APM took place on Wednesday 5 September and was attended by 60 people.
The first part of the meeting comprised a market place that provided attendees with an opportunity to access information from a range of service providers and network.
The formal business section of the APM was opened by the organisation’s Clinical Chair followed by presentations from the Chief Officer, Chief Nurse and Chief Finance Officer.
A copy of the presentation is available here.
A Question Time Panel followed the presentations. The Q&A session was expertly hosted by Professor Rachel Munton. Questions from the audience related to:
- Improving Assessment Framework for CCGs focusing on financial performance, prescribing costs and cancer services
- Monitoring of provider organisations and care homes
- Processes to recognise and treat sepsis in GPs, hospitals and care homes
- Population health management
- Impact of Brexit on workforce and plans to increase number of GPs working locally
- Relationship between CCGs and the third sector
- Future provision of care for patients with multiple sclerosis, including access to services on Chatsworth Unit Availability of gluten free food on prescription to children.
The APM concluded with the presentation of the General Practice Celebrating Success Awards 2018 recognising excellence in general practice and patient engagement. Award winners were;
- Excellence in Engagement - Barnbygate Surgery Patient Participation Group Strollers
- Outstanding Clinical Leader - Doctor Kevin Corfe, Abbey Medical Group
- Partnership Working - Major Oak Patient Participation Group
- Outstanding Contribution - Gilly Hagen, Abbey Medical Group
- Going the Extra Mile - Hillview Surgery Team
- Kindness - Amanda Brown, Hillview Surgery