Prior Approval Process
Prior Approval must be sort before undertaking any procedure that is restricted as set out in the Nottinghamshire Service Restriction Policy 2018, which can be accessed in the links below:
This Restricted Policy is for adoption across the Nottinghamshire STP from the 3rd of September 2018. The policy will be presented to NHS Mansfield and Ashfield and Newark and Sherwood CCG's Governing Bodies on 6th September for discussion and ratification.
100% Prior Approval Policy is applicable for all providers for all activity covered by the procedures listed within the policies. With the exception of the following criteria:
- A reasonable suspicion of cancer,
- As part of reconstruction following treatment for cancer, traumatic injury or the correction of congenital malformation
- Children where not carrying out the procedure would have an adverse effect on physical functional development.
- Where the patient meets the criteria and prior approval is sought and approved.
- Where the patient meets the criteria and this can be evidenced through a retrospective audit.
- Acupuncture, Massage, Reflexology, Aromatherapy procedures are not funded however this care may be offered as part of an integrated and holistic palliative care package
Where a GP is referring a patient directly for a specified procedure or treatment a prior approval declaration can be completed and sent to the CCG at this email MACCG.IFRteamemail@example.com. Where a decision is made in secondary care that a restricted procedure is required the treating clinician must seek approval from commissioners before the procedure is undertaken, no retrospective Prior Approval will be given.
Click on image for a larger PDF version